The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing by Stedman Graham, Joe Jeff Goldblatt, Lisa Delpy Neirotti (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.04+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes vital industry information, Internet strategies, and more. It offers an insider's look at the dynamic world of sports marketing. Sports marketing is a prestigious - and challenging - career. The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing , second edition, will show you how to get your foot in the door and, once inside, construct a solid career in virtually any sport-related field you choose. The first book to go behind the scenes to examine all the fundamentals - from getting that elusive first job interview to acquiring funding, negotiating contracts, managing event logistics, and more - this integrated approach to sports marketing features: discussions with top-level professionals who helped establish and define the field The SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis; a proven method for identifying internal aspects and external variables that may affect your success; sample agreements for independent contractors, sponsorship, licensing, endorsements, and venues.Whether you are managing and marketing sports organizations, products, events, or even the athletes themselves, you must be able to look beyond the games to keep them functioning seamlessly. Let The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing act as both your guidebook and fingertip reference for entering - and building a career in - the exciting world of today's sports marketing. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise. - Michael Jordan. The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing is about the fundamentals of sports marketing and event management. How can a sports event be designed to meet the needs of athletes, spectators, and sponsors? If a celebrity is scheduled to be on hand, what type of travel and hotel accommodations must be provided? How can you determine appropriate sponsors for an event - and then demonstrate the benefits of their sponsorship? Sports marketing has become one of today's single most exciting careers. The excitement of being involved with sports and teams that you've followed since childhood, the glamour of rubbing elbows with rewned athletes and celebrities, the drama of organizing an event for hundreds or even thousands of attendees - all add up to make sports marketing a thrilling, multidimensional career. At every level, event managers and marketers must share the same discipline, instinctive talent, and tenacity of the athletes themselves. The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing will show you how to develop the skills necessary to manage virtually any sports marketing scenario, including: event coordination; contingency planning; logistics; working with vendors; purchasing, inventory, and distribution of goods; ticketing and admissions; safety and emergency precautions; seating design and controls; sponsor and supplier agreements; risk management and insurance; venue contracts; licensing; loss prevention; finding sponsorship; marketing licensed merchandise; alternative sport events; sports tourism; and charitable events.Because of their obvious appeal, sports marketing jobs are among the most sought-after in today's job market. But beyond the fun and games, sports marketing requires kwledge and dedication. From ideas for effectively leveraging sport celebrities and their appearances to sample scripts for banquets and presentations, and from managing concessions at Little League games to high-profile World Series promotional assignments, The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing pulls back the curtain to give you a hands-on, detailed look at what it takes to succeed behind the arena walls - where the real business takes place.
- Author BiographyStedman Graham is president of Graham and Associates, a leading sports marketing firm that has played a role in events including the Volvo Tennis Tournament and the NBA Legends Pride Classic. An adjunct professor at Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Graham is the best-selling author of You Can Make It Happen and Teens Can Make It Happen. He also writes a popular column for Inside Sports. Lisa Delpy Neirotti, Ph.D., is director of the sports management program at The George Washington University. Dr. Neirotti consults with corporate sponsors and sports commissions around the world and is a frequent contributor to academic and industry publications. Joe Jeff Goldblatt is director of the event management program at The George Washington University. The author of Special Events: The Art and Science of Celebration, Goldblatt has produced corporate events for Marriott, Xerox, and dozens of other Fortune 500 companies.
- Author(s)Joe Jeff Goldblatt,Lisa Delpy Neirotti,Stedman Graham
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note20 action plans
- Weight621 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.