All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.15Free postage
- AU $32.23Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionHow to maximize your food production in an urban environment. The idea of bringing agriculture into the city has been promoted by many on both sides of the political fence: proponents of sustainability and prevention of climate change as well as those who worry about government and social instability. To address the urgent need for a shift in the way our food is produced, The Ultimate Guide to Urban Farming offers a practical education in everything there is to kw about city agriculture: how to grow a lot of food in any kind of urban living situation, from apartment to full-scale commercial venture. Subjects covered include: * Small scale vs. large scale agriculture * The ecomic, social, health, and environmental impacts of urban farming * Making the most of the space available * The latest techlogies and developments in agriculture, including: hydroponics, vertical gardening, and aquaponics * Case studies and design concerns for community-based farming * The best plant species for cities and seasons * Beekeeping and small animals * Commercial agriculture and the business side of farming in a city environment This comprehensive guide will introduce readers to the rewarding possibilities of growing their own food, as well as dispel the falsehood that says we need faraway factory farms to produce everything we eat.
- Author BiographyNicole Faires grew up on a hobby farm in Montana. She champions homesteading and sustainable living and has written several popular books on these subjects including The Ultimate Guide to Natural Farming and Sustainable Living and the bestselling Ultimate Guide to Homesteading. She is also the author of Food Confidential, a critique of the corporate takeover of food production in America. She lives in Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Author(s)Nicole Faires
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note150 color photos
- Weight828 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.