The Ultimate Guided Reading How-to Book: Building Literacy Through Small-Group Instruction by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuided reading is, in a nutshell, a type of small-group reading instruction practice whereby children learn specific reading strategies. There are four cornerstones to guided reading: group formation (which children are grouped together), text selection (what kinds of books the children read), teaching sequence (how the lesson should go, from beginning to end), and teacher talk (how teachers use their voice to aid instruction). This book shows teachers how to really KNOW their students as readers, and to be able to group them, select texts, and design interactions between them in order to provide awareness, instruction, practices, and applications that are meaningful. Effective reading teachers make every moment count - they kw what to look for, how to guide and move the instruction, and what to say to convey encouragement and student independence. Ideal for teachers of pre-readers and emergent readers, this book outlines in easy-to-understand language the basic concepts of the guided reading process with an emphasis on vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency. New to this edition is information on handling a book and looking at it as a concrete object, te-taking and study skills, updated strategies, and new figures and tables.
- Author BiographyGail Saunders-Smith is a former classroom teacher, Reading Recovery(R) Teacher Leader and served as Reading/ Language Arts K-12 Supervisor and Coordinator of State and Federal Programs for the Summit County ESC. Currently, Gail is an assistant professor in the Beeghly College of Education at Youngstown State University. She is also an independent staff developer, writer, and editor. She has presented across the United States and Canada and written several books and articles on all aspects of literacy development. Gail holds a BS and MA in Early Childhood Education from Kent State University and a MS in Administration and Supervision from Youngstown State University. She completed post-graduate work at The Ohio State University and earned a Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from The University of Akron. Gail has written fifty-five books for children, has written widely on literacy instruction, and serves as consulting editor at Red Brick Learning. Her professional books, The Ultimate Guided Reading How-To Book, and, The Ultimate Small Group Reading How-To Book, are available from Corwin Press. A third book will be published in the spring of 2009. Gail has visited schools in Great Britain, New Zealand, Australia, and Russia. She is a reader, writer, student, and teacher.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication24/05/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight349 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byGail Saunders-Smith
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.