All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLose weight and keep it off while managing your hunger: That's the simple and effective promise of Volumetrics, the numbered 1 New York Times bestselling diet and lifestyle plan that for more than a decade has shown readers how to feel full on fewer calories. In The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet , Dr. Barbara Rolls expands on her time-tested message with new findings, recipes, and user-friendly tools. Dr. Rolls' twelve-week program supports readers step-by-step as they develop new habits to help them lose weight and keep it off - and her 105 delicious recipes, divided into thirty-five food categories, provide a foundation for personalizing and preparing everything from breakfast favorites to main courses to desserts. Features Include: budget and time-saving tips for losing weight; myth busters shattering common beliefs about diets and dieting; food shopping strategies and options for saving time or saving money; game plans for eating out, including menu buzz words, key questions, and calorie labeling; new tips for feeding the family and camouflaging veggies in favorite dishes; before-and-after photos comparing standard and volumetrics recipes, with tips on how they were adapted to provide more food for the calories; and much more.
- Author BiographyBarbara Rolls, Ph.D., is professor of nutritional sciences and the Helen A. Guthrie Chair in nutrition at Pennsylvania State University, where she heads the laboratory for the study of human ingestive behavior. A veteran nutrition researcher and past president of both the Society for the Study of Ingestive Behavior and the Obesity Society, Dr. Rolls has been honored throughout her career with numerous awards, including Fellow of the American Association of the Advancement of Science and honorary membership in the American Dietetic Association. In 2010 she received the Obesity Society's highest honor, the George A. Bray Founders Award, and was elected to the American Society for Nutrition's Fellows Class of 2011. She is the author of more than 250 research articles and six books, including The Volumetrics Weight Control Plan and The Volumetrics Eating Plan. She lives in State College, Pennsylvania. Mindy Hermann, R.D., is a writer who specializes in collaborative projects on cooking, food, and nutrition with researchers, health professionals, and chefs. The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet is her tenth book. She lives in Mount Kisco, New York.
- Author(s)Barbara J. Rolls,Mindy Hermann
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/04/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Cookbooks
- Content NoteColour Photos Throughout
- Weight889 g
- Width176 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.