All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1982, when my book The Social Psychology of Tourist Behaviour was published, it was almost possible to review academic research on tourism. In 1988, in a book of similar scale, such a review is almost impossible. The aim of the present volume is, therefore, to outline a body of work which adopts a consistent theme and method in exploring the topic of tourism. The approach is one of emphasising tourists' reactions and behaviours. The work is both behavioural and cognitive, and stems principally from applied traditions in social and environmental psychology. The examples of tourist studies tend to be Australian, British, and North American, principally because work elsewhere in psychological studies of tourists is less well organised. The nationality of the researchers should t, however, confine the application of the research findings, since while the examples may be specific the results are applicable in Brisbane, Bogr or Bogota. The book is intended t just for academic tourism researchers but also for all psychologists, so that they might te an understudied phemen within their discipline. For leisure researchers it is hoped that it will provide an opportunity for them to see developments parallel to their own research efforts in studying recreational behaviour. Is it also a volume for tourism managers and executives? In part it is, and the sections such readers might find of particular interest are Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 9.
- Author(s)Philip L. Pearce
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/10/1988
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleRecent Research in Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.