All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'If you loved Under the Tuscan Sun, you'll love this'. Red Magazine Pull up a chair for the true story of the Umbrian Thursday night supper club. Every week on a Thursday evening, a group of four Italian rural women gather in a derelict stone house in the hills above Italy's Orvieto. There - along with their friend, Marlena - they cook together, sit down to a beautiful supper, drink their beloved local wines, and talk. Here, surrounded by candle light, good food and friendship, Miranda, Ninucia, Paolina and Gilda tell their life stories of loves lost and found, of ageing and abandonment, of mafia grudges and family feuds, and of cherished ingredients and recipes whose secrets have been passed down through the generations. Around this table, these five friends share their food and all that life has offered them - the good and the bad. For fans of all things Italian, and the thousands of readers who loved Deborah Rodriquez's The Kabul Beauty School; Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love and Deborah Moggach's Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
- Author BiographyMarlena de Blasi is the internationally bestselling author of A Thousand Days in Venice, as well as four further bestselling memoirs and a novel, Amandine. She has been a chef, a journalist, a food and wine consultant and a restaurant critic. She is also the author of two internationally published cookbooks of Italian food. She and her Venetian husband, Fernando, live in Orvieto in Umbria, Italy.
- Author(s)Marlena De Blasi
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight505 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.