All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Uncoded World focuses on how the understanding and making of signs and symbols can be enriched when the felt kwledge of the human body is integrated with thought. Vivian Darroch-Lozowski characterizes the place of this process as the uncoded world. Applying postmodern and semiotic concepts, as well as metaphors and allegory, the study takes up the task of bringing the uncoded world into human studies and philosophy without violating the uncoded world's integrity and wholeness. An exact array of ideas, theoretical projections, and the multiple voices of the writing unfurl a new discourse in order to prepare us for what comes after postmodernism.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Vivian Darroch-Lozowski is Professor of Holistic and Aesthetic Education at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association. Her writings have appeared in philosophy, literary, and human studies journals. Among her books are Voice of Hearing, Notebook of Stone, and Antarctica Body.
- Author(s)Vivian Darroch-Lozowski
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleSemiotics and the Human Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.