All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho makes most money from the demand for cappuccis early in the morning at Waterloo Station? Why is it impossible to get a foot on the property ladder? How does the Mafia make money from laundries when street gangs pushing drugs don't? Who really benefits from immigration? How can China, in just fifty years, go from the world's worst famine to one of the greatest ecomic revolutions of all time, lifting a million people out of poverty a month? Looking at familiar situations in unfamiliar ways, THE UNDERCOVER ECONOMIST is a fresh explanation of the fundamental principles of the modern ecomy, illuminated by examples from the streets of London to the booming skyscrapers of Shanghai to the sleepy canals of Bruges. Leaving behind textbook jargon and equations, Tim Harford will reveal the games of signals and negotiations, contests of strength and battles of wit that drive t only the ecomy at large but the everyday choices we make.
- Author BiographyTim Harford presented the BBC2 TV series TRUST ME I'M AN ECONOMIST and writes the 'Dear Economist' column for the FT Saturday magazine. An award-winning public speaker, Tim has been an economist for a major oil company and an economics tutor at Oxford University.
- Author(s)Tim Harford
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight308 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.