All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStory Easton kws the first line of every book, but never the last. She never cries, but she fakes it beautifully. And at night, she escapes from the failure of her own life by breaking into the homes of others, and feeling, for a short while, like a different, better person. But one night, as an uninvited guest in someone's empty room, she discovers a story sadder than her own: a boy named Cooper Payne, whose dream of visiting the Amazon rainforest and discovering the moonflower from his favourite book, Once Upon a Moonflower, died alongside his father. For reasons even she doesn't entirely understand, Story decides that she will help Cooper and his mother. She will make his dream come true. The Understory is a magical, moving, funny, and poignant story of failure and success; of falling apart and rebuilding; and of coincidences that never really are. Part comedy, part drama, and part fairy tale, Elizabeth Leiknes's second vel is a wonder you won't soon forget.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Leiknes grew up in rural Iowa and can make thirty-seven different dishes featuring corn. She attended The University of Iowa as an undergrad, and The University of Nevada, Reno for her Masters. Her most recent accomplishments include publishing an article entitled Writing Spaces: Expanding the One Story House in The Quarterly, and completing two other novels, Black-Eyed Susan, and The Understory. Lucy Burns was born somewhere between a third and fourth helping of Captain Crunch in Elizabeth's sixth month of pregnancy with her first child, but the majority of Lucy's story was written during her maternity leave somewhere between debilitating bouts of new-mother panic attacks, and squirting milk in various inappropriate locations about town. Elizabeth has a love/hate relationship with great white sharks, and a slight penchant for speaking in hyperbole, which she says she never does. She now lives and teaches English near Lake Tahoe with her husband, two sons, and mentally ill cat.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Leiknes
- PublisherBancroft Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBancroft Press
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.