All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the vastly outnumbered Boer commandos fight in the field, half a million British soldiers torch a flaming path across the South African veld. As they go, the British imprison thousands of displaced Boer families, including Aletta Venter's, and cast them into newly devised 'concentration camps'. In a crowded tent with her mother and siblings, Aletta finds ways to cope with the confinement, privation and loss, but searches for the rarest of comforts - a bit of adolescent rmalcy, perhaps even the spark of forbidden romance. Her weapon of choice in this personal battle: a young girl's powerful sense of hope. A deeply moving, intimate portrait of family, friendship and love, set against the backdrop of the Second Boer War at the turn of the twentieth century, The Undesirables (the British term for those who refused to surrender) is the heart-rending yet life-affirming new vel from the top ten bestselling author of Guernica, winner of the Richard & Judy Summer Read.
- Author BiographyDave Boling is the author of Guernica, a top ten bestseller and winner of the Richard & Judy Summer Read 2009 and other international awards. A Chicago native, Dave Boling is a journalist in the Seattle area.
- Author(s)Dave Boling
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight632 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.