All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLady Lucy Upton's tongue may be too sharp to attract suitors but her heart is good and when her painfully shy friend Cassandra needs help she devises a brilliant scheme to help her discourage an unwanted suitor, the Duke of Claringdon. Lucy kws just what to tell Cass to say to discourage the Duke of Claringdon...but it turns out that he's made of sterner stuff than either of them anticipated. And Lucy is shocked to discover that tangling with the tenacious man is the most fun she's had in ages. Lord Derek Hunt made a promise to his dying friend to marry the demure Cassandra, and for a man who wants thing more than peace and quiet after the horrors of war, she'll make the perfect bride. If only the impudent Miss Upton will let him court her! Doing battle is the last thing on his mind, but bantering with Lucy behind the bushes is too tempting to resist. And the spoils of this war just may be true love...
- Author BiographyValerie Bowman grew up in Illinois with six sisters (she's number seven) and a huge supply of historical romance novels. After a cold and snowy stint earning a degree in English with a minor in history at Smith College, she moved to Florida the first chance she got. Valerie now lives in Jacksonville with her family including her rascally rescue dog, Roo. When she's not writing, she keeps busy reading, traveling, or vacillating between watching crazy reality TV and PBS. She is the author of books including Secrets of a Wedding Night and Secrets of a Runaway Bride.Valerie loves to hear from readers. Find her on Facebook, Twitter, and at her website.
- Author(s)Valerie Bowman
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date17/05/2016
- Weight159 g
- Width105 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.