All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe horrific events of 9/11 affected every American, many of whom today view the world through the prism of 9/11 and the subsequent U.S. war on terrorism. Scholars from across America convened at a symposium at the University of Tampa to ponder the implications of these events on both the domestic environment and the international landscape. On the domestic side, one speaker shared the result of national polls that showed the impact on American youth, while ather addressed the broader issue of 9/11's impact on the country's mental health. Ather presenter focused on American cities as a likely arena for terrorist activity, while still ather addressed the role of the media. Finally, five speakers engaged in a panel discussion on the tensions between providing homeland security and insuring civil liberties. A number of scholars also addressed the impact of 9/11 on various regions of the globe: Europe and the European Union, the Middle East, Pakistan and its surrounding areas, and Latin America. A final speaker focused on globalization as both cause and effect of 9/11, and began the difficult process of reminding ourselves that terrorism is bred by a host of factors, some of our own making. This book captures the essence of this daylong symposium. Hopefully, it provides a richer understanding of the unfolding consequences of this seminal event in U.S. history.
- Author BiographyJames E. Harf is Professor of Government and World Affairs and Director of the Office of International Programs at the University of Tampa. Professor Harf holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Indiana University. Mark Owen Lombardi is Provost and Professor of Political Science at the College of Santa Fe. Professor Lombardi holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Ohio State University.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication05/11/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJames E. Harf,Mark Owen Lombardi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.