All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis luxurious book is a documentation in photographs, of the maharajas of India: undoubtedly one of the greatest anachronisms of the 20th century. Among them were enlightened rulers and profligate princes, saints and scoundrels, heroes and cowards, sadists and boors, charmers and eccentrics. In the eyes of their people, however, they had the divine right to rule and they left the stamp of an unmistakable aura of majesty. A comprehensive collection of historical photographs from princely India, this is also the largest selection of royal pictures in any one book. Many years of research and documentation were invested to verify their details. The result is a book that conveys the romance that the maharajas represented to the world and a historical record of an age we will never see again.
- Author BiographyE. Jaiwant Paul is a man of varied interests and is the author of several books, including 'Be My Sword and Shield - Weapons of the Indian Warrior and The Story of Tea'. A keen cricketer and tennis player, he now lives in Delhi. Pramod Kapoor is a collector of historical records and photographs, and a publisher by profession. The photographs for this book were lovingly collected by him over a long period of time from all over the world. Often, the best photographs were found in old trunks lying forgotten in dusty attics or damp basements of the palaces. The biggest challenge, however, was to coax fading memories to remember names and places. A keen photographer, he has also compiled and researched photographs for pioneering books like 'India: Then and Now', 'Witness to Life and Freedom: Margaret-Bourke White in India', 'New Delhi: Making of a Capital', and the most recent 'Delhi: Red Fort to Raisina'.
- Author(s)Paul E. Jaiwant
- PublisherRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/2003
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRoli Books Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Photographs byPramod Kapoor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.