Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionHeinrich Gotthold is shot for espionage in an orchard near the small French village of Redonnay. Soon after the war his widow, Hedwig, and John Saggard, his one-time friend and eventual executioner, find themselves face to face. From an English country rectory to a Catholic seminary in Germany and an artist's studio in London, currents of love and friendship cross and double-cross as events build to an extraordinary climax. First published in 1933, The Unforgotten Prisoner brilliantly caught the tensions of its time, powerfully portraying the relationship between England and Germany in the years surrounding the First World War.
- Author BiographyRay Coryton Hutchinson was born in 1907 in FInchley. He published his first novel in 1930 and gave up his job in advertising to write full-time in 1935. His other novels include March the Ninth, Elephant and Castle, Shining Scabbard, The Unforgotten Prisoner, Johanna at Daybreak, A Child Possessed and Testament. He died in 1975.
- Author(s)R. C. Hutchinson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/07/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight677 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.