All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Unicorn Incorporated celebrates the work and career of Seattle artist Curtis R. Barnes. For over five decades, Barnes has worked as an artist, illustrator, muralist, and community advocate. In his sculpture, painting, and drawing, he employs imagery derived from his vast experience, mystical erudition, and heritage. Throughout the 1960s, '70s, and '80s, he produced searing social commentary in pen and ink, drawings that are as prescient and powerful today as they were then. The publication includes a poem by rewned musician Ishmael Butler, an extended interview with the artist, and an essay by Jo-Anne Birnie Danzker on the legendary Omowale mural.
- Author BiographyJo-Anne Birnie Danzker is director of the Frye Art Museum in Seattle, and former director of the Museum Villa Stuck in Munich and the Vancouver Art Gallery in Canada.
- PublisherFrye Art Museum
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFrye Art Museum
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 50 colour illustrations, 96 illus., 50 in color
- Weight885 g
- Width267 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJo-Anne Birnie Danzker
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.