All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy Allende? Why Pichet? covers the two most conflicting Chilean governments of this century. The analysis of the Allende government examines the macroecomic policies and structural reforms and their results the questioning of property rights constituted a key issue of conflict. The analysis of the Pichet government starts with a review of Chilean democracy breakdown. Then it examines the success, failure, and final success of ecomic structural reforms. The book ends with a discussion of the legacies of both governments. In the historical Chilean memory of the century, human rights violations will occupy a special place.
- Author BiographyPATRICIO MELLER is Professor of Economics at the University of Chile, Santiago. He has published numerous books and articles, including Western Hemisphere Trade Integration (editor with R.G.Lipsey), Adjustment and Equity in Chile, External Shocks and Stabilization Mechanisms (editor with Eduardo Engel), The Latin American Development Debate (editor) and Diverging Paths: A Century of Latin American and Scandinavian Economic Development (editor with Magnus Blomstrom).
- Author(s)Patricio Meller
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/09/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight368 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.