All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the James Beard Award for the Best Restaurant in America, the acclaimed Union Square Cafe serves some of the most imaginative, interesting, and tasty food in America. With this inspired cookbook, its devoted fans can savor the restaurant's marvelous dishes at home. The Union Square Cafe Cookbook contains 160 of the restaurant's classic dishes, from appetizers, soups, and sandwiches to main courses, vegetables, and desserts. Hot Garlic Potato Chips, Porcini Gcchi with Prosciutto and Parmigia Cream, Grilled Marinated Fillet Mign of Tuna, Herb-Roasted Chicken, Eggplant Mashed Potatoes, and Baked Banana Tart with Caramel and Macadamia Nuts are some of the all-time favorites home cooks will find in its pages. Easily mastered by home cooks, the recipes use widely available ingredients, employ familiar techniques, and can be prepared in a reasonable amount of time. Amateurs and pros alike will find the dishes here as accessible as they are irresistible. Michael Roma's tips for success will instill confidence in home cooks, and Danny Meyer's wine suggestions, inspired by the restaurant's remarkable cellar, offer the perfect accompaniment to almost every recipe. Capturing the restaurant's vitality and warm design, and its dedication to excellence, The Union Square Cafe Cookbook will enrich and enliven every cook's repertoire and bring the essence of this remarkable restaurant to any home.
- Author BiographyDanny Meyer, a native of St. Louis, opened his first restaurant, Union Square Cafe, in 1985 when he was twenty-seven, and went on to found the Union Square Hospitality Group, which includes some of New York City's most acclaimed restaurants: Union Square Cafe, Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Maialino, North End Grill, Blue Smoke, and Shake Shack, as well as Jazz Standard, Union Square Events, and Hospitality Quotient. Danny, his restaurants, and his chefs have earned an unprecedented twenty-five James Beard Awards. Danny's groundbreaking business book, Setting the Table, was a New York Times bestseller, and he has coauthored two cookbooks with his business partner, Chef Michael Romano. Danny lives in New York with his wife and children. Michael Romano joined Union Square Cafe in 1988, preparing his unique style of American cuisine with an Italian soul. In 1993, Michael became Danny Meyer's partner. Under Michael's leadership, Union Square Cafe has been ranked Most Popular in New York City Zagat surveys for a record seven years. The restaurant also received the James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurant of the Year. Michael has coauthored two cookbooks with Danny Meyer, The Union Square Cafe Cookbook and Second Helpings. He is the recipient of numerous nominations and awards, including the James Beard Foundation's Best Chef in New York City in 2001, and in 2000, he was inducted into the James Beard Foundation's Who's Who of Food & Beverage in America.
- Author(s)Danny Meyer,Michael Romano
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintECCO Press
- Content NoteBlack and White Photos Throughout
- Weight825 g
- Width184 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.