All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionA study of U.S.-Chinese relations involving the U.S. Army, this work focuses at the personnel level on the Army's service in China. While studies have been published of the U.S. Marines' and U.S. Navy's involvement in China, little attention has been given the Army's missions in this theater. Operations in China were a key part of the history and traditions of the 9th, 14th, 15th and 31st Regiments, whose coats of arms still feature dragons as symbols of their service there. Many who served in the 15th in China went on to impressive careers as general officers, prompting one soldier to ask what other infantry regiment of those days can boast of such an alumni list? Also covered is the 31st Regiments' involvement in Shanghai during the Second Si-Japanese War, the prelude of the coming of World War II in Asia.
- Author BiographyAlfred Emile Cornebise is a professor emeritus of history at the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, USA. A Korean War veteran, he is the author of 10 books.
- Author(s)Alfred Emile Cornebise
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note26 photographs
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.