All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecipes for homegrown pies from all regions of the country. Chef Craig Priebe has scoured the countryside, stopping in promising pizzerias to discover the tastiest pies. Smoked ham and cheddar? Roasted cauliflower and salsa verde? These toppings would be blasphemous in Naples, but in America anything goes-anything that tastes delicious, that is. His findings are collected here-stellar examples representing every style of pizza. What makes this collection of prize recipes especially fun is that each one has its own personality reflecting its local influences. From Seattle's Serious Pie comes pizza with white bean puree, asparagus, and Parmesan; from Los Angeles's Mozza, squash blossoms with burrata. The legendary Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix offers up a pie with red onion, rosemary, and Arizona pistachios, while Louisiana Pizza Kitchen brings us one with crawfish etouffe. Also included are blueprints for every type of dough (from Sicilian and sourdough to New York and gluten-free), a range of adaptable base sauces, an introduction covering tools and techniques, and an address book for all the pizzerias featured. The United States of Pizza shows that the country is t so much a melting pot, but instead a giant pie bubbling over with a fabulously diverse array of creative flavor combinations.
- Author BiographyCraig Priebe has been called a pizza miracle worker (Chicago magazine) and a pizza expert (The Chicago Sun-Times). His cooking has garnered acclaim from National Public Radio, Travel + Leisure, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Dianne Jacob is the author of Will Write for Food. Her work has also appeared in Sunset, The San Francisco Chronicle, and Gastronomica.
- Author(s)Craig W. Priebe,Dianne Jacob
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note50 colour illustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width197 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.