Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions to this volume inquire into many important issues of Plutarchean scholarship: the conditions under which Plutarch's writings were split into two distinct corpora, his methods of work and the various authorial techniques employed, the interplay between Lives and Moralia, Plutarch and politics, Plutarch and philosophy, literary aspects of Plutarch's ouvre, Plutarch on women, Plutarch in his epistemological and socio-historical context. The contributors offer in-sights that throw new light on Plutarch's personality and illustrate the unity of his varied literary production.
- Author BiographyAnastasios G. Nikolaidis, University of Crete, Greek.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMillennium Studien/Millennium Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 19
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1560 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byAnastasios G. Nikolaidis
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.