The Universal Man: The Seven Lives of John Maynard Keynes by Richard Davenport-Hines (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 19 Dec
- AU $13.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling author of 'An English Affair', a dazzlingly original thematic biography which throws fresh light on the greatest ecomist of the twentieth century. John Maynard Keynes is the man who saved Britain from financial crisis t once but twice - over the course of two World Wars. He remains a highly influential figure, nearly 70 years after his death. But who was he? In this entertaining biography, Richard Davenport-Hines gives us the man behind the ecomics: the conisseur, intellectual, public official and statesman who was equally at ease socialising with the Bloomsbury Group as he was persuading prime ministers and presidents. By exploring the desires and experiences that made Keynes think as he did, Davenport-Hines reveals the aesthetic basis of Keynesian ecomics, and explores why the ideas of this Great Briton continue to resonate so powerfully today.
- Author BiographyRichard Davenport-Hines won the Wolfson Prize for History for his first book, 'Dudley Docker'. He is an adviser to the 'Oxford Dictionary of National Biography' and has also written biographies of W.H. Auden and Marcel Proust. His most recent book, 'An English Affair' was published in 2013. A Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and the Royal Society of Literature, he reviews for the 'Guardian', 'Spectator' and 'Literary Review'.
- Author(s)Richard Davenport-Hines
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Out-of-print date04/06/2016
- Weight710 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.