Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by maningrida8
- Est. delivery by 20 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Gribbin's The Universe: A Biography explores the story of our cosmos, from the mystery of its origins to how scientists think it might end. How did the universe grow from a tiny fireball to its present size? Where did life on earth come from? How do planets form? How will the universe end? And how do we even kw all this anyway? John Gribbin, one of Britain's most popular writers about science and the people who made it happen, has decided to create a biography of the greatest subject of all: the universe itself, from beginning to end (and beyond). From the Big Bang 14 billion years ago, the formation of stars and galaxies and the first stirrings of life, to the latest thinking on dark matter and a theory of everything - and beyond to the future possibility of a Big Crunch or a Big Rip - this is the life history of the entire world around us. If you really want to kw about the greatest story there is, then this is the book to read . ( Independent on Sunday ). As clear an account of current thinking on the subject as we are likely to get . ( Daily Telegraph ). One of Britain's best and most prolific science writers . ( Sunday Telegraph ). The master of popular science writing . ( Sunday Times ). John Gribbin is one of today's greatest writers of popular science and the author of bestselling books, including In Search of Schrodinger's Cat , Stardust , Science: A History and In Search of the Multiverse . Gribbin trained as an astrophysicist at Cambridge University and is currently Visiting Fellow in Astromy at the University of Sussex.
- Author BiographyJohn Gribbin is the author of bestselling books including In Search of Schrodinger's Cat, Stardust, Science: A History and Deep Simplicity. He is famous to his many fans for making complex ideas simple, and says that his aim in his writing is to share his sense of wonder at the strangeness of the universe. He trained as an astrophysicist at Cambridge University and is currently Visiting Fellow in Astronomy at the University of Sussex.
- Author(s)John Gribbin
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2008
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.