All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe reign of Tutankhamun was of major significance in the history of ancient Egypt. Following Howard Carter's discovery of the king's tomb in 1922, the story of the boy who became Pharaoh, died young and was buried in splendor at the height of Egyptian civilization captivated generations. But there exists a wide discrepancy between that saga and what scholarship has discovered in the last few decades about Tutankhamun's reign. A truer story is revealed, t by objects from his tomb, but by statuary, reliefs, paintings, and architecture from outside the Valley of the Kings. Marianne Eaton-Krauss, a leading authority on the boy king and the Amarna Period, guides readers through the recent findings of international research and the relevant documentation from a wide variety of sources, to create an accessible and comprehensive biography. Tracing Tutankhamun's life from birth to burial, she analyzes his parentage, his childhood as Prince Tutankhaten, his accession and change of name to Tutankhamun, his role in the restoration of the traditional cults and his own building projects, his death and burial, and the attitudes of his immediate successors to his reign. Illustrated with color and black-and-white images, the book includes extensive endtes and selected bibliography, which will make it essential reading for students and scholars as well as anyone interested in Tutankhamun.
- Author BiographyMarianne Eaton-Krauss is an Egyptologist who has taught at universities in Berlin, Muenster, and Marburg, Germany, and written more than 50 articles about Tutankhamun and the Amarna Period. Her publications on objects from the king's tomb include, most recently, The Thrones, Chairs, Stools, and Footstools from the Tomb of Tutankhamun (2008).
- Author(s)Marianne Eaton-Krauss
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- Series TitleBloomsbury Egyptology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note80 colour and bw illus
- Weight437 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.