All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAge range 6 to 9 Shortlisted for the 2016 West Australian Young Readers' Book Award The Unlikely Story of Bennelong and Phillip is the second book in a series of books from Berbay Publishing exploring first settlement history in Australia. This extraordinary story about the friendship between Captain Arthur Phillip and the Aboriginal, Bennelong, is one of Australia's most important and intriguing stories, yet remains largely unkwn. The background of first settlement in Australia (when the first fleet arrived) heightens the polarity between the two worlds of these two people - traditional Aboriginal culture and values versus European culture and values. The book has been beautifully written by Michael Sedunary complimented with the extraordinary artwork by celebrated Australian ceramic artist, Bern Emmerichs. Teacher's Guide also available This is an extraordinary book Magpies Magazine A masterpiece. A must for every school and municipal library Good Reading Magazine This is an amazing story filled with tragedy and promise The Herald Sun
- Author BiographyMichael Sedunary is the author of Avanti!, Ecco!, and Forza! Bern Emmerichs is an artist and storyteller whose works center around Australian history.
- Author(s)Bern Emmerichs,Michael Sedunary
- PublisherBerbay Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationPreston West, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBerbay Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.