All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor fans of Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events and Trenton Lee Stewart's Mysterious Benedict Society, here comes the fifth book in the Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, the acclaimed and hilarious Victorian mystery series by Maryrose Wood. Lord Fredrick Ashton may t feel ready to be a father, but with a little Ashton on the way, he's sure about one thing: the wolfish curse on his family must end soon, before the child is born. Penelope willingly takes on the challenge; when Lady Constance's doctor prescribes a seaside holiday, Penelope jumps at the chance to take the three Incorrigible children to Brighton, where she hopes to persuade the old sailor Pudge to reveal what he kws about the Ashton curse. But the Ashtons are t the only ones at the beach in January. The passionately temperamental Babushkiv family is also taking the winter waters. The Incorrigible children may have been raised by wolves, but the Babushkiv children are the wildest creatures they've ever seen. Is it more than mere coincidence that these untamed children have turned up in Brighton just as Penelope and the Incorrigibles arrive?
- Author BiographyMaryrose Wood is the author of the first five books (so far!) in this series about the Incorrigible children and their governess. These books may be considered works of fiction, which is to say, the true bits and the untrue bits are so thoroughly mixed together that no one should be able to tell the difference. This process of fabrication is fully permitted under the terms of the author's Poetic License, which is one of her most prized possessions. Maryrose's other qualifications for writing these tales include a scandalous stint as a professional thespian, many years as a private governess to two curious and occasionally rambunctious pupils, and whatever literary insights she may have gleaned from living in close proximity to a clever but disobedient dog.
- Author(s)Maryrose Wood
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleIncorrigible Children of Ashton Place
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBalzer and Bray
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eliza Wheeler
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.