All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGilbert Highet, Anthon Professor of Latin at Columbia University, was one of the twentieth century's most erudite and distinguished classicists. This book contains virtually all Professor Highet's unpublished classical lectures, which have been arranged in three groups - Greek Literature, Latin Literature, and the Classical Tradition. One finds in these lectures a celebration of classical literature, conveyed through a humane form of scholarship, with emphasis on those aspects of great writing that make the classical authors worth reading - all of which earned for Gilbert Highet an enduring place in the history of his profession.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Robert J. Ball, Professor of Classics at the University of Hawaii, received his Ph.D. from Columbia University, where he studied under Gilbert Highet. Professor Ball has received an Excellence in Teaching Award from the American Philological Association and the Regent's Medal for Excellence in Teaching from the University of Hawaii. He has published numerous articles in classical journals and the following books on classical subjects: Tibullus the Elegist: A Critical Survey; The Classical Papers of Gilbert Highet; Reading Classical Latin: A Reasonable Approach; and Reading Classical Latin: The Second Year.
- Author(s)Gilbert Highet
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleHawaii Classical Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byRobert J. Ball
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $43.97
- AU $59.35Trending at AU $69.56
- AU $27.19Trending at AU $28.11
- AU $34.40Trending at AU $40.81
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $37.99
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $19.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.