All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of the extravagant Regency period - nine scandalous, politically fascinating years from 1811 to 1820 - lies the bitter mismatch between the Prince and Princess of Wales. The Prince Regent, later George IV, separated privately from Caroline of Brunswick within a year of their marriage in 1795. The couple remained separated until Queen Caroline's death in 1821, but the mockery of their marriage resisted the most strenuous efforts to dissolve it. Barred from the Regent's court, Queen Caroline travelled through Europe with a small court of her own. The story of The Unruly Queen - a long, courageous fight by an extraordinary individual to see justice done in the face of overbearing authority - is compellingly told by Flora Fraser. This astonishing book culminates with the Queen's House of Lords trial for adultery and exclusion from her bigamous husband's coronation.
- Author BiographyFlora Fraser is the author of the bestselling biographies of Emma Hamilton, Beloved Emma, and Queen Caroline, Princesses. She lives in London with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Flora Fraser
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteOmitted from epub
- Weight561 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNIPPOD
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.