Save on Children & YA Non-Fiction
- AU $15.26Trending at AU $22.60
- AU $2.50Trending at AU $2.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe truth about America is revealed in this first of four volumes of the young readers edition of The Untold History of the United States, from Academy Award winning director Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick, adapted by Susan Campbell Bartoletti. There is history as we kw it. And there is history we should have kwn. Complete with photos, illustrations, and little-kwn documents, this first of four volumes covers crucial moments in American history from the late nineteenth century to the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This is t the kind of history taught in schools or rmally presented on television or in popular movies. This riveting young readers edition challenges prevailing orthodoxies to reveal the dark reality about the rise and fall of the American empire for curious, budding historians who are hungry for the truth. Based on the latest archival findings and recently declassified information, this book will come as a surprise to the vast majority of students and their teachers and that s precisely why this edition is such a crucial counterpoint to today s history textbooks. Adapted by Newbery Hor recipient Susan Campbell Bartoletti from the bestselling book and companion to the documentary The Untold History of the United States by Academy Award winning director Oliver Stone and rewned historian Peter Kuznick, this volume presents young readers with a powerful and provocative look at the past century of American imperialism.
- Author(s)Oliver Stone,Peter Kuznick
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width168 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.