All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most authoritative biography of Eva Braun ever written. The author, who holds doctorates from UC Berkeley and the University of Bonn, began researching the life and times of Eva Braun in 1997, when he became the first American to be appointed to a professorship in law at a German university. The author's ability to conduct research and to interview witnesses in both English and German enabled him to discover astonishing new facts about Eva Braun, including her personal involvement in anti-Semitic pogroms and the startling revelation that Eva Braun suffered from Mayer Rokitansky Syndrome or MRKH, the congenital absence of a functioning vagina and uterus. Written with a popular audience in mind, the present biography omits citations to authority in order to keep the book under 400 pages in length. Those who want a full academic treatment will be pleased to learn that the author's 600-page biography, replete with over 2,000 foottes, will be published in early 2012. The author is also planning to publish an abridged version of The Untold Story of Eva Braun which omits much of the background information on politics and the war.
- Author BiographyBorn in San Diego, the author studied comparative literature in San Diego and Uppsala before studying law in Berkeley, Freiburg, and Bonn. He practiced law for a number of years and taught law in San Diego before spending three years as a Fulbright professor in Germany. He is the only Fulbright professor to have served for more than two consecutive years, for which he was personally congratulated by Senator Fulbright on the occasion of the senator's 90th birthday celebration in Berlin. In 1997 the author was appointed Professor of Common Law and Comparative Jurisprudence at the University of Muenster, the first American ever appointed to such a position at a German university. While he has published 10 books on legal topics, this is the author's first biography.
- Author(s)Thomas Lundmark
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.