All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRapid urbanization, higher density and more compact cities have brought about a new science of urban climatology. An understanding of the mapping of this phemen is crucial for urban planners. The book brings together experts in the field of Urban Climatic Mapping to provide the state of the art understanding on how urban climatic kwledge can be made available and utilized by urban planners. The book contains the techlogy, methodology, and various focuses and approaches of urban climatic map making. It illustrates this understanding with examples and case studies from around the world, and it explains how urban climatic information can be analysed, interpreted and applied in urban planning. The book attempts to bridge the gap between the science of urban climatology and the practice of urban planning. It provides a useful one-stop reference for postgraduates, academics and urban climatologists wishing to better understand the needs for urban climatic kwledge in city planning; and urban planners and policy makers interested in applying the kwledge to design future sustainable cities and quality urban spaces.
- Author BiographyEdward Ng is an architect and Yao Ling Sun Professor of Architecture in the School of Architecture of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). He specializes in Green Building, Environmental and Sustainable Design, and Urban Climatology for City Planning. Professor Ng is also the Director of the Master of Science of Sustainable and Environmental Design Programme. As an environmental consultant to the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Professor Ng developed the performance-based daylight design practice note, the Air Ventilation Assessment Technical Guidelines and the Urban Climatic Maps for City Planning. He is now working with the governments and agencies in Singapore and Macau, as well as a number of Chinese cities, on Urban Climatic Maps. Professor Ng has published over 400 papers and 3 books. He has twice received the International Award from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). Chao Ren is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Her research interest is Sustainable Urban and Environmental Design and Urban Climatic Application in Urban Planning. She has involved in several governmental research projects, such as (Hong Kong) Urban Climatic Map and Standards for Wind Environment - Feasibility Study , Eco-Planning for Kaohsiung, Taiwan by Using Urban Climatic Map , Macau Urban Climatic Map Study , Arnhem Urban Climatic Map and The Study of Plan and Management of Wuhan Urban Air Path . She is the Deputy Director of the M.Sc. Sustainable and Environmental Design Programme, and also a research fellow of both the Institute of Future Cities (IOFC) and the Institute of Energy, Environment and Sustainability (IEES) at CUHK. She is a registered BEAM Professional and has joined the Working Group of BEAM Society recently.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 43 black & white tables, 25 black & white halftones, 229 black & white line drawings, 23 colour line drawings
- Weight1202 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChao Ren,Edward Ng
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.