All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps you learn what to do in an accident, assault or terror attack. It is the essential illustrated guide to dealing with emergencies at home, at work and on the city streets. It teaches vital moves to protect yourself from attack, including disarming attackers, tackling a burglar and preventing an assault. You can learn what to do in extreme situations: in war zones, under chemical attack, in a flood, in a fire, in a bomb situation, if kidnapped, or if your vehicle is hijacked. Most crime is concentrated in inner city areas, and this practical handbook explains how to deal with many emergencies, from break-ins, fires, accidents and floods, through to hostage situations, bombs and kidnappings. Defensive moves are clearly illustrated and explained. Scenarios include being attacked by a drunk, attacks on women, and attacks with weapons. The book shows step-by-step how to dispatch a bag thief, handle a burglary at home, deal with a gas leak or survive an air emergency. It allows readers to anticipate possible dangers, to kw the best course of action to take in each scenario, and to protect themselves and those around them.
- Author BiographyHarry Cook is author of several highly regarded martial arts books, and writes for Classical Fighting Arts magazine. Bill Mattos runs several companies that make equipment and clothing for extreme sports and professional rescue use. Bob Morrison is a military photo-journalist and writer who edits Combat & Survival and Land Rover Monthly magazines, and runs the Military Scene image library.
- Author(s)Bill Mattos,Bob Morrison,Harry Cook
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 500 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.