All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientific evidence plays a growing role in many court cases concerning the abuse and deaths of children. This book explores the early history of scientific evidence in America and then examines the nature and value of collaborations between scientists and lawyers on behalf of children. Looking closely at several of these collaborations, including forensic dentistry and x-ray techlogy, this book outlines patterns of successful joint efforts to prove or disprove abuse cases in courts and outlines a direction for scientists and lawyers to jointly transform courts' handling of children's matters, and move them in a more humane and ethical direction.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael Edmond Donnelly is a law professor, an assistant district attorney, and a former professor at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Author(s)Michael Edmond Donnelly
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleWorcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI Studies) Studies in Science, Technology and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.