Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe Uses of Haiti tells the truth about uncomfortable matters uncomfortable, that is, for the structures of power and the doctrinal framework that protects them from scrutiny. It tells the truth about what has been happening in Haiti, and the US role in its bitter fate. Noam Chomsky, from the introductionIn this third edition of the classic The Uses of Haiti, Paul Farmer looks at what has happened to the health of the poor in Haiti since the coup.Winner of a McArthur Genius Award, Paul Farmer is a physician and anthropologist who has worked for 25 years in Haiti, where he serves as medical director of a hospital serving the rural poor. He is the subject of the Tracy Kidder biography, Mountains Beyond Mountains.
- Author BiographyPaul Farmer is Professor of Medical Anthropology at Harvard medical School and Founding Director of Partners in Health. The subject of a just released biography by Tracy Kidder, Farmer is the author of The Uses of Haiti, Infections and Inequalities, and AIDS and Accusation. Greg Bates is Publisher at Common Courage Press.
- Author(s)Paul Farmer
- PublisherCommon Courage Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCommon Courage Press
- Weight549 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Introduction byJonathan Kozol
- Foreword byM.D.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.