The Valley of the Shadow of Death: A Tale of Tragedy and Redemption by Alex Gerould, Jeff Snipes, Kermit Alexander (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-read for anyone concerned with how drugs and gangs ravaged Los Angeles. Los Angeles Times A deeply moving story of one man s pain and hard-won peace...This is a special book. Booklist (starred review) In this heart-wrenching memoir, former NFL star Kermit Alexander tells the devastating true story of the horrific massacre of his family and his subsequent years of despair, followed by a spiritual renewal that showed him a way to rebuild his family and reclaim his life. On the morning of August 31, 1984, in the South Central section of Los Angeles, three armed men broke into a house, brutally murdering two women and two young boys. The victims were Ebora Alexander, Dietra Alexander, Damani Garner, and Damon Bonner the mother, sister, and nephews of retired All-Pro cornerback for the San Francisco 49ers Kermit Alexander. In his own words, Kermit Alexander finally shares the full story of what happened to his loved ones and the aftermath of that tragic day. He recounts the hours leading up to the massacre, and how afterward he lost himself in the LA underworld, pleading, bribing, and threatening in a search for answers. He describes his journey through the wilderness of despair the years of isolation living out of his car, broke, depressed, and sick. We also learn about his coming-of-age in 1950s LA, the following decade he spent in the NFL, the events leading up to that fateful August day, and finally the shocking truth behind the murders. Kermit opens up about his darkest hours, but also what it took to turn his life around, rebuild his family, and ultimately find peace. Omius and intense, powerful and uplifting, tragic and triumphant, The Valley of the Shadow of Death is more than a rendering of one man s adversity; it s testament to the value of family and the resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming loss.
- Author BiographyKermit Alexander is a retired NFL All-Pro cornerback who played for the San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Rams, and the Philadelphia Eagles. He is also the past president of the NFL Players Association. He lives in California with his family. Alex Gerould and Jeff Snipes are professors of criminal justice at San Francisco State University. They both have over twenty years of experience in the field, and have worked extensively with law enforcement agencies locally and internationally.
- Author(s)Alex Gerould,Jeff Snipes,Kermit Alexander
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.