All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents boards of directors from a strategic and entrepreneurial management perspective. Boards of directors are receiving increased interest in the business world as well as among academic audiences however few contributions integrate corporate governance and organizational behavior. In this book a research stream about value-creating boards is introduced. Boards of directors have during the recent decades mostly been studied within a framework of corporate governance where the interests of external investors are emphasized. This book aims to go further and explore actual board behavior. The framework and the contributions in the book include concepts such as: * board leadership and structure, * boardroom decision-making, * board task performance * corporate entrepreneurship and invation * boards in small and medium-sized firms * board diversity and women directors The book also presents the results of a research agenda about value-creating boards which was conducted throughout various European countries.
- Author BiographyMorten Huse is Professor of Organization and Management, Norwegian School of Management BI.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Corporate Governance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 56 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byMorten Huse
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.