All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the only thing a company has that its competitors do t have? What can a company invest in that its competitors cant replicate? Information. It s the new competitive edge. Capitalizing on the information a company owns about its customers, suppliers, and partners is w the value proposition for sustainable long-term growth. Authors Hurd and Nyberg go inside companies to see the value proposition in practice. Combining case studies and analysts insights with common sense and surprisingly simple ideas for growth, The Value Factor shows how companies transform information into a competitive asset. Hurd and Nyberg have access to some of the top companies in every industry and from around the world. In this book, they share their unique perspective on what the invators are doing to get ahead and stay ahead in today s tough business environment and how top companies are meeting challenges and turning them into growth opportunities.
- Author BiographyMark Hurd is the former president and chief executive officer of NCR Corporation, a leading global technology company. NCR's automated teller machines, retail systems, Teradata(R) data warehouses, and IT services provide Relationship Technology(TM) solutions that maximize the value of customer interactions. Hurd was named chief executive officer and elected to the board in March 2003. Previously as president and chief operating officer, he was instrumental in formulating and executing strategies to maximize operating efficiencies and profitability. Hurd joined NCR in 1980 and was chosen to run the Teradata division in October 1999. He was promoted to chief operating officer of the division within a year. Under Hurd's leadership, Teradata increased revenue by approximately 36 percent and improved operating performance by over $250 million. Today, Teradata is a $1.2 billion business and the market leader in large data warehouses and analytical solutions that help businesses drive growth. Hurd now serves as chief executive officer for Hewlett-Packard. Lars Nyberg is chairman of the board of directors of NCR Corporation, a leading provider of Relationship Technology(TM) solutions. Nyberg served as NCR's chief executive officer from June 1995 until March 2003 and led its transformation from a hardware manufacturer to a technology solutions provider. He also is widely acknowledged as the architect of NCR's dramatic turnaround following its spinoff from AT&T at the end of 1996. Today, the company is a global technology leader and number one worldwide in data warehouses above one terabyte in size, automated teller machines, and stationary barcode scanners. Prior to joining NCR, Nyberg spent twenty years with Philips Electronics NV in a number of senior positions. Most recently, he was chairman and CEO of Philips' Communications Systems Division. Nyberg also serves on the boards of directors of The Sandvik Group in Sweden and Wisconsin-based Snap-on Incorporated.
- Author(s)Lars Nyberg,Mark Hurd
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleBloomberg
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.