The Vegan Scoop: Recipies for Dairy-Free Ice Cream That Tastes Better Than the Real Thing - with 1/3 Fewer Calories by Wheeler del Toro (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wanted to have dessert, but thought 'If only there was one I can eat without piling on the pounds'? Now you can! Bring the pleasures of home-made ice-cream into your home with these 150 recipes for delicious, frozen treats that are rich and creamy - and with a third less of those calories! Developed by dedicated vegan Wheeler Del Toro, these feature both soy and nut milk blends, along with easily-found vegan-certified ingredients, perfect for vegans, and suitable for anyone dieting, with lactose or dairy intolerance and allergies. Simple to prepare, easy to make, you can bring these delicious and invative desserts into your own home for a family meal, dinner party, celebration, or as part of your lifestyle. The book is divided into six sections, including: Classic Flavours - chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etcetera; Fruity Flavours, banana, nectarine, papaya, fig, etcetera; Healthy has Dark Chocolate and Acai Berries, a powerful antioxidant, avocado and lemon lowers cholesterol, coconut sweet curry, full of essential oils; Caribbean flavours, ginger-lychee, starfruit, key lime, ginger beer, dark and stormy; Asian Flavours include wasabi, sweet potato, green tea and almond cookie, whilst aphrodisiac has lavender, tarragon and pink pepper, rosewater, and basil; and, Experimental features apple pie, earl grey, brown sugar caramel, and night-time includes tequila sunrise, mojito, champagne, cosmos, pomegranate martini for that sophisticated, fun ending to a dinner-party! Also included are recipes for desserts like Roasted Pineapple Compote, Spicy Cherry Salsa, Crispy Water Chestnuts with Fresh Pineapple, and more, ensuring you are never without a delicious, healthy dessert that leaves you satisfied and t worrying about piling on the pounds!
- Author BiographyWheeler del Torro is the founder and owner of Wheeler\u2019s Frozen Desserts, a microcreamery based in Boston that produces vegan ice cream using soy, coconut, rice and almond milks. Del Torro, who was born in Jamaica and moved to the U.S. as a teen, began the company in 2001, initially creating custom flavors for restaurants, companies, and high-end clientele. He opened his first store this year in Boston, and plans on opening a sister shop in L.A. soon. You can find him at www.icecreamproject.com.
- Author(s)Wheeler del Toro
- PublisherFair Winds Press
- Date of Publication02/05/2009
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationGloucester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFair Winds Press
- Content Note40 colour
- Weight726 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.