All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIf you had told me 2 years ago that such a small change in my diet would yield such a big difference in my health, I would have laughed right in your face! Chris Randall; Vegan In The Vegan Solution: Why the Vegan Diet Often Fails and How to Fix It, prolific author Matt Stone shares his pioneering research on the role of metabolic rate in health as applied to a vegan diet. In the book you'll learn about The Frigid Fourteen - fourteen metabolism-lowering mistakes that are frequently being committed in the vegan world. These simple, misguided mistakes are commonplace and extremely detrimental to the metabolic rate and all of the body's systems affected by it. Yet they are all simple to fix, returning the body back to proper function, oftentimes while remaining completely vegan. Popular Youtube vlogger Chris Randall, who lost 150 pounds and rid himself of many chronic health issues and has had a sensational return to health with a vegan diet, also chimes in with his personal experience and advice after applying many of Stone's methods. Randall has spent many months as a personal client of Stone's, and has seen his body temperature return to rmal, his strength and sex drive is soaring like never before, and he is getting progressively leaner and healthier eating in excess of 4,000 calories daily - far more than he was eating prior. In the book you'll find out how you, vegan or t, can apply the same methods and achieve similar results - all with changes so mir it will seem far-fetched that it could actually yield such dramatic changes. The common negatives you hear about a vegan diet - losing muscle mass and strength, hair loss, horrendous digestion, tooth decay, freezing cold hands and feet, frequent urination, insomnia, dry skin, loss of menstruation and sex drive, and more are things most assume to be a consequence of avoiding animal products. Stone and Randall propose otherwise and aim for fixing your vegan diet instead of rushing you down to the local steakhouse. Whether you are thinking about trying out a vegan diet or have been at it for many years, this book is the manual for how you can properly meet your physiological needs, avoid the ravages of a poorly-designed vegetarian diet, and thrive. In an endless sea of pseudo-scientific and cultish vegetarian literature and propaganda, The Vegan Solution offers up real, sound, simple advice based on the scientific reality of our human needs and biological function. It's a must-read for anyone attempting to follow a vegan diet.
- Author BiographyMatt Stone is an independent health researcher and author of more than 10 books on various health-related topics. He launched an independent investigation into health in 2005, and has since been exploring a wide range of health fields - from general physiology and nutrition to areas as diverse and specific as psychoneuroendocrinology. His investigation has yielded many great, practical insights and simple tips on how regular people can make substantial improvements in their health - for the purpose of both improving or eliminating specific health problems and preventing some of the most common ailments in the modern world. Most of his research has drawn him towards metabolic rate and how many basic functions (digestion, reproduction, aging, immunity, inflammation, sleep) perform better when metabolic rate is optimized.
- Author(s)Matt Stone
- Date of Publication10/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.