All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionMastering the Art of Recipe-Free Cooking This information-packed book--part memoir, part recipe-free instruction--hums with the conviction of a talented, kwledgeable cook. --Crescent Dragonwagon, James Beard Award-winning author Thanks to the constant availability of takeout, frozen dinners, and fast food restaurants, for the majority of Americans, cooking has become a spectator sport--an entertaining activity you watch on television, but t something to try at home. The Vegetarian Chef is a warm and funny instructional guide that addresses this issue head-on. Rather than simply collecting recipes, author, chef, caterer, and nutritionist Susan Crowther offers people something even more useful--an understanding of how to cook. The Vegetarian Chef is a commonsensical and creative approach to preparing delicious plant-based meals, focusing on principles, intuition, and integrity. Cooking is also explored holistically, incorporating aspects such as local ingredients and green cooking. From preparing simple salad dressings to simmering soup stocks to kneading dough for bread, Crowther takes the intimidation factor out of cooking by giving readers the basic information and tools they need for culinary success. Once you understand a few basic rules and generally what ingredients in what proportions are necessary for certain dishes, you'll be free to confidently experiment with all sorts of culinary creations. With a handful of easy-to-follow cooking time charts and shopping lists, plenty of warm advice, and a pinch of humor, Crowther welcomes aspiring cooks on a fun and exciting culinary adventure. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographySusan Crowther graduated from the Culinary Institute of America and eventually ran her own catering business--Susie's Menu. Susie's passions encompass cooking, writing, and health. She has worn several hats: cook, chef, caterer, nutritionist, massage therapist, health educator, college professor, and mom. Visit The No Recipe Cookbook: www.norecipecookbook.com. Susie lives in Brattleboro, Vermont. [Foreward by] Roland G. Henin, one of approximately sixty Certified Master Chefs in the United States, serves as corporate chef for Delaware North Companies. He served as the director of the Culinary Arts Department at the Art Institute of Seattle and, in 1992, was the coach of the gold medal U.S. Culinary Team, helping the American chefs bring home the World Cup from Luxembourg. Chef Henin was educated at the College Moderne in Nancy, France. He was designated a certified executive chef in 1979 and a certified culinary educator in 1982 by the American Culinary Federation. In 1983 Chef Henin earned the coveted honor of Certified Master Chef.
- Author(s)Susan Crowther
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight885 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.