All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExercise, train, and compete at your best on a vegetarian diet. Few segments of the population are more mindful of their food intake than athletes and vegetarians. This book combines the unique demands of sports with a healthy vegetarian diet that can help you build energy and endurance and reduce body fat. Whether you are carbo-loading before a marathon or fine-tuning nutrition to get the most out of your workout, registered dietitian and elite vegetarian athlete Lisa Dorfman provides step-by-step information on how to customize your own sport-specific nutrition program and calculate a personal dietary plan for training The Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Guide includes personal stories of athletes who have made the switch to vegetarian diets from football players and wrestlers to ice skaters and marathoners, some of whom have beaten life-threatening illnesses with the help of this lifestyle. Lisa Dorfman provides a rich array of tasty and diverse vegetarian recipes, menus, easy-to-use charts, and food guides for vegetarians of all types, from the semi-vegetarian to the fruitarian. She also shares the training secrets of seventeen Olympic and world-class athletes who have used their vegetarian diets to achieve peak performance in their careers and optimum health in their lives.
- Author BiographyLISA DORFMAN, M.S., R.D., L.M.H.C., is known nationally as The Running Nutritionist. She competes in marathons and triathlons nationwide and coaches Olympic-level athletes. She runs her own sports nutrition consulting company, Food Fitness International, and has appeared in and written for over 100 publications, including Running Times and Ladies', Home Journal. She lives in Miami, Florida with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Lisa Dorfman
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication16/11/1999
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.