All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Victoria Cross, established in 1856 during the Crimean War, has remained to this day the highest British reward 'for valour' and is perhaps the most prestigious gallantry medal in the world. The VC has been earned in every theatre of war where British and Commonwealth soldiers, sailors, airmen and civilians have served. In this book the author describes and illustrates many of the medals and the men and women who have been awarded them together with the award citations which are always remarkable and sometimes astounding.
- Author BiographyPeter Duckers has been a collector of British campaign and gallantry medals for thirty-five years and now specialises in awards to the Indian Army. He has written numerous magazine and journal articles about medals and is a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society, a member of the Orders and Medals Research Society and the Indian Military Historical Society. He is curator of the Shropshire Regimental Museum in Shrewsbury Castle.
- Author(s)Peter Duckers
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleShire album
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and black & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.