All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe Victoria System is Eric Reinhardt's vel of sex, power, capitalism and deception. LONGLISTED FOR THE IMPAC DUBLIN LITERARY AWARD. SHORTLISTED FOR THE PRIX RENAUDOT, THE PRIX GONCOURT AND THE GRAND PRIX DU ROMAN DE L'ACADEMIE FRANCAISE David Kolski is overseeing the construction of the largest tower in Paris. A highly stressful job with numerous complications, it keeps him from his wife and children. Then, by chance, he encounters Victoria de Winter. Victoria is a ruthless high-flyer who kws what she wants and always gets it. She shows David a luxurious life of decadence and desire, and together they explore the limits of who they are and what they want. At the same time, David finds he is more driven at work. He seems to be a better, more complete man. Yet he has doubts. What kind of dark, a-moral world is Victoria leading him into? Can he really trust her? Can he even trust his own perceptions any more - or is the intense pressure turning him paraid? And should you, the reader, trust his account? 'Erotic, raw, violent and vertigius ...We often accuse French writers of navel-gazing and igring the world around them, but Eric Reinhardt is one of those who gives the lie to this cliche' Emmanuel Carrere, author of Limov 'Bold, arresting, accomplished, complex, sensual, sexual, intriguing, heady' Le Monde 'An ambitious and tragic vel which weaves together sex, power games and imagination. An ultracontemporary anti-fairy tale' Les Inrocktibles 'Finally, a sexy book by someone who appears to have had sex' Dazed and Confused Born in 1965, Eric Reinhardt is the is the author of four previous vels and a freelance publisher of art books. He lives and works in Paris. The Victoria System is his first vel to be translated into English. Sam Taylor is the English-language translator of HHhH, by Laurent Binet. He lives in France and the United States.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1965, Eric Reinhardt is the is the author of four previous novels and a freelance publisher of art books. He lives and works in Paris. The Victoria System is his first novel to be translated into English. Sam Taylor is the English-language translator of HHhH, by Laurent Binet. He lives in France and the United States.
- Author(s)Eric Reinhardt
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHamish Hamilton Ltd
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Translated bySam Taylor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.