All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a much-needed study of the Victorian vel's role in representing and shaping the service sector's emergence. Arguing that prior accounts of the vel's relation to the rise of finance have missed the emergence of a wider service sector, it traces the effects of service work's many forms and class positions in the Victorian vel.
- Author BiographyJoshua Gooch is an Assistant Professor at D'Youville College in Buffalo, New York. His research focuses on intersections of work, power, and aesthetics in literature and film, particularly in relation to cultures with financialized economies, and includes essays on Samuel Butler, Joseph Conrad, Wes Anderson, and war films.
- Author(s)Joshua Gooch
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight435 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.