All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Victorian era was a time of unprecedented transformation, yet it is often understood only through the stereotypes of crowded factories, child labour and emotional repression. In this entertaining and scholarly introduction, Dr David Gange explores the political, social and ecomic realities that defined life for Victorian people. Weaving together the perspectives of historians and literary scholars with movements in art, science and ethics, Gange paints a colourful, interdisciplinary portrait of everyday life in nineteenth century Britain. The Victorians: A Beginner's Guide features such famous figures as Dickens and Disraeli, while offering a thought-provoking examination of how our perceptions of this pivotal period of history have changed.
- Author BiographyDr David Gange is Senior Lecturer in History at the University of Birmingham. His work has been featured on the BBC, Smithsonian Television, at the Hay Festival and in the Times Literary Supplement.
- Author(s)David Gange
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBeginner's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.