All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionUPDATED FOR THE 2016 ELECTION The bookPoliticocalls Moneyballfor politics shows how cutting-edge social science and analytics are reshaping the modern political campaign.Renegade thinkers are crashing the gates of a venerable American institution, shoving aside its so-called wise men and replacing them with a radical new data-driven order. We ve seen it in sports, and w inThe Victory Lab, journalist Sasha Issenberg tells the hidden story of the analytical revolution upending the way political campaigns are run in the 21st century. The Victory Labfollows the academics and maverick operatives rocking the war room and re-engineering a high-stakes industry previously run on little more than gut instinct and outdated assumptions. Armed with research from behavioural psychology and randomized experiments that treat voters as unwitting guinea pigs, the smartest campaigns w believe they kw who you will vote for even before you do. Issenberg tracks these fascinating techniques which include cutting edge persuasion experiments, invative ways to mobilize voters, heavily researched electioneering methods and shows how our most important figures, such as Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, are putting them to use with surprising skill and alacrity. Provocative, clear-eyed and energetically reported, The Victory Laboffers icoclastic insights into political marketing, human decision-making, and the increasing power of analytics.
- Author BiographySASHA ISSENBERGis a columnist for Slate and the Washington correspondent for Monocle. He covered the 2008 election as a national political correspondent for The Boston Globe, and his work has also appeared in New York, The Atlantic, and The New York Times Magazine. His first book, The Sushi Economy, was published in 2007.
- Author(s)Sasha Issenberg
- PublisherBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Weight299 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.