All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInto this breathtaking trilogy is woven the true spirit of the Vikings, who great thirst for travelling the seas took them on incredible voyages in defiance of icy waters, terrible hardships and bloodthirsty resistance. It is AD 780. Viking's Dawn sees a young Norse boy, Harald Sigurdson, set sail for the Hebrides in the longship 'Nameless'. The goal: to plunder the helpless coastal villages of Britain. Just five years later, undeterred by his first desperate journey, the dauntless warrior puts to sea once again, in The Road to Miklagard - this time lured by the news of a fabulous hoard of treasure. After a lifetime struggling with the bitter waves, Harald embarks on his last voyage in Viking's Sunset, this time t for gain but to seek vengeance on a blood enemy.
- Author BiographyHenry Treece (1911-1966) was born in the West Midlands. He went to Wednesbury High School and Birmingham University where he graduated in 1933. He began work as a teacher and then served as an intelligence officer with RAF Bomber Command during the Second World War. He began his literary career as a poet and writer, and is best known for his many historical novels for children, including the Roman books Legions of the Eagle and The Eagles Have Flown, and the Norse trilogy Viking's Dawn, The Road to Miklagard and Viking's Sunset.
- Author(s)Henry Treece
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleA Puffin Book
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight426 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.