All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly updated and with a new foreword 'The Viking Age is shot through with the spirit of adventure. For 300 years, from just before AD800 until well into the eleventh century, the Vikings affected almost every region accessible to their ships, and left traces that are still part of life today' Far from being just 'wild, barbaric, axe-wielding pirates', the Vikings created complex social institutions, oversaw the coming of Christianity to Scandinavia and made a major impact on European history through trade, travel and far-flung consolidation. This encyclopedic study brings together the latest research on Viking art, burial customs, class divisions, jewellery, kingship, poetry and family life. The result is a rich and compelling picture of an extraordinary civilisation.
- Author BiographyElse Roesdahl is Reader in Medieval Archaeology at the University of Arhus, Denmark and special Professor in Viking Studues at the University of Nottingham. In 1988 she was awarded the Soren Gyldendal Prize for the Danish edition of THE VIKINGS.
- Author(s)Else Roesdahl,Kirsten Williams,Susan M. Margeson
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight293 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.