All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce the social and commercial core of the rural community, the village shop has become as much the victim of the accelerating pace of social and ecomic change as the parish school and pub, and has w almost entirely disappeared from everyday life. This book charts the development and history of the village shop and it's slow demise.
- Author BiographyLin Bensley comes from a family of shopkeepers, with his parents and grandparents running a village shop. Though he has departed from family tradition by working in the engineering industry, he has had a lifelong interest in the history of retailing, and in the village shop in particular. He lives in Norfolk.
- Author(s)Lin Bensley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/07/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 466
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight113 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.