All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
About this product
- DescriptionLive theatre was once the main entertainment medium in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. The preeminent dramatists and actors of the day wrote and performed in numerous plays in which crime was a major plot element. This remains true today, especially with the longest-running shows such as The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and Sweeney Todd. While hundreds of books have been published about crime fiction in film and on television, the topic of stage mysteries has been largely unexplored. Covering productions from the 18th century to the 2013-2014 theatre season, this volume is the first history of crime plays according to subject matter. More than 20 categories are identified, including whodunits, comic mysteries, courtroom dramas, musicals, crook plays, social issues, Sherlock Holmes, and Agatha Christie. Nearly 900 plays are described, including the reactions of critics and audiences.
- Author BiographyMarvin Lachman lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
- Author(s)Marvin Lachman
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.