All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuild on your editor's capabilities and tailor your editing experience with VimL, the powerful scripting language built into Vim. With VimL you can configure basic settings or add entirely new functionality. Use this quick and easy introduction to create your own Vim plugin while learning the concepts and syntax of VimL. VimL is the scripting language of the Vim editor. If you've ever edited or saved a vimrc file, you've written VimL. And VimL can do much more than simply configure settings and specify option values--you can write entire plugins in VimL. But without a background in scripting Vim, it can be hard to kw where to start. The VimL Primer gives you the tools and confidence you need. It gets you comfortable in VimL quickly, walking you through creating a working plugin that you can run yourself as you write it in Vim. You'll learn how to script common commands and buffer interaction, work with windows and buffers from within a plugin script, and how to use autocommands to have Vim recognize entirely new filetypes. You'll discover how to declare filetype-specific settings and define your own syntax elements for use with Vim's syntax highlighting. And you'll see how you can write your own command-line commands and define new mappings to call them. With this introduction to scripting Vim, your own Vim extensions are only plugins away. Take control of your editor! What You Need:: Vim version 7 or later is required, and it's available on any of the major operating systems. This book uses the Huge version of Vim 7.4.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Klein is a software developer at Silver Chalice, LLC, where he works with Grails and uses Vim for anything text-based that he can. He has been a longtime writer for GroovyMag and a contributing author to Grails 2: A Quick-Start Guide.
- Author(s)Benjamin Klein
- PublisherThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRaleigh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Pragmatic Programmers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width191 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.